Thursday, January 25, 2018

To be filled with the Spirit

I was recently reading chapter 6 of " FRESH WIND FRESH FIRE" by Jim Cymbala when I ran across this quote that caught my attention.

"I LONG MORE AND MORE TO BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT, AND TO SEE MY CONGREGATION MOVED AND MELTED UNDER THE WORD, AS IN GREAT REVIVAL TIMES, THE PLACE SHAKEN WHERE THEY ARE ASSEMBLED TOGETHER, BECAUSE THE LORD HAS COME IN POWER." FROM ANDREW BONAR'S DIARY 12/13/1880

Just the thought of that statement runs chills up and down my spine. To imagine being in the presence of God to the point that the place itself shakes. To be so filled with the Spirit that you can sense it so intensely. And to have that prayer to wish that my whole church could, no not could but would also be able to experience it in their own daily walk with God.

It was a powerful thought for me. I don't usually mark in the books that I read unless its for a class that I have to take, but I did mark that statement and I wrote it on an index card to keep it close by. I plan on posting it up in a spot that I will be able to see it easily on a regular basis.

I wonder what kind of revival this country could have if just a few more people thought this way and endeavored to live out their lives in this way.

If we truly attempted to live this life it would be contagious and spread and then revival would be blazing through out the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment