Sunday, December 24, 2017

My first thought

Here it is 1am 12/25/17 and I'm playing around with this blog. But I felt like that this was something I needed to do. My goal is starting in January to share just some random thoughts about what ever is affecting me at the time. It could be a scripture verse, sermon thought, or current event. However I don't really talk about politics much.

So it is officially Christmas. Looking forward to spending the day with my wife, enjoying the smells of food cooking as the day goes on, and then eating the food. But most importantly recognizing the true meaning of this day.

I often say that it amazes me that Jesus would choose to leave heaven and live on earth with us just because He loves us. That's what He did, and He didn't just leave for a short time for a visit. No, He did it the hard way. He came as a child, totally dependent on Joseph and Mary. He had to learn, He got hungry, tired, and He even bled. Just because He loved us. Now that is true love.

The beautiful thing about Christmas is not the trees, food, fellowship, random acts of kindness, or gifts. No, non of those things, although we do enjoy them. It's because of Christmas we have Easter, which is the very reason why Jesus left heaven in the first place. Without Easter we don't have the hope of heaven. Jesus came at Christmas to give us the perfect gift at Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment